Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Substance

Col. 2:17
These are but a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Anything added on to Jesus Christ is a mere shadow, a reflection without being the real thing. Jesus is the substance, the real thing. What a great word! It makes me think of the substance of an issue [the real thing]. Jesus is the real thing for all who believe. His substance becomes my all! I must hold on to the head and not be swayed by anything else, that includes any new wave of religious thought. The whole body of Christ is nourished and held together through its joints and ligaments and grows with a growth that is from God. Without holding fast to the substance, to Christ, the head, there will be no vital connection with the body which allows for its nourishment and its growth. Christ makes the growth that only comes from God possible because he is from God.

Father,
Continue to grow me into the head, into Christ. Help me to live every moment with the knowledge with the true substance foremost in my mind. Reveal to me things that try to be the substance but are mere shadows. Give me the wisdom and spiritual eyesight to discern the substance above all else.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment