Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Holy Spirit Power

Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Before the disciples could carry out the mission that Jesus had given them, they had to have power from the Holy Spirit. In John, Jesus talked about the gift of the Holy Spirit, saying unless He would leave, the Spirit would not come and live within each believer. The Spirit would bring all things to their remembrance, teach them all things, make clear the Scriptures to them, convict them of sin, seal them until Christ's return, intercede for them, indwell them as the Temple of God, and empower them. What a crucial gift Jesus gave! Thankfully, this gift was not just for the disciples in the book of Acts but for believers today, for me. It is through His power that I can fulfill the ministry that God has for me, that I can go and tell of Him to those He brings in my path.

Father,
Teach me to listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Help me to obey and follow His lead.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment