Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Temple of the Holy Spirit

I Cor. 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were brought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 

 Since my body is a member of Christ, I must honor that relationship. Because of this I must flee sexual immorality, adultery, homosexuality, theivery, greediness, drunkeness, reviling, and swindling. Paul says clearly that people who do these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Except for the grace of God, I would be caught in that same web of sin, but thank God, I am washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of Jesus by the Spirit of God. I am grace-gifted with the Holy Spirit who has made me His temple. Why such a gift? It is only because of the gospel--the death of Christ who paid the price for me at the cross. What is my response to this? I so want to glorify God in my body.

Father,
Teach me to live as a temple that glorifies You. Show me the way to listen and obey each prompting of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment