Friday, November 11, 2011

Jesus Prays for Me

Jn. 17:11
"And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.'

In Jn. 17 Jesus prays to the Father for those who are His, but first He prays to the Father that the Father may glorify Him so that He may glorify the Father. Through His life and impending death He not only gave people the knowledge of the Father and the Son, but He gave them eternal life.
 
What did Jesus pray for His followers?
  • Keep them in Your name that they may be one as the Father and the Son are one.
  • Keep them from the evil One but don't take them out of the world.
  • Sanctify them in the truth, His word is truth.
  • He prays not only for the followers at the present time, but for those followers yet to come that they may be one as the Father and Son are one.
  • That the believers unity with the Father and the Son will cause the world to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
  • That the believers will be with Him where He is  to see His glory that the Father gave Him before the foundation of the world.
What a beautiful prayer! How often do I pray for these intense spiritual issues? I see how important my obedience to the Word, my unity with the Father and the Son is because it is that quality that testifies of Jesus to the world. I am sanctified in His truth, the Word, the Logos, I must live by the Word because the Word is my life. I can look forward to that time when I can be with Jesus where He is and see His great glory.

Father,
Sanctify me in Your truth. Keep me one in You and Jesus so that the world will see and believe in Jesus.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment