Sunday, November 13, 2011

To FulfillScripture

Jn. 18-19

Jesus' journey was almost to an end. Even though He had many horrible things yet to endure, He went forward in obedience to the Father so that His sovereign plan would be fulfilled. In these two chapters alone, those words were repeatedly stated. Then Jesus knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them. How hard to know the horrendous things yet to come and still to go forward! What depths of love and obedience!
  • Jesus answered, I told you I am He. So, if you seek me, let these men go. This was to fulfill the word that He had spoken.  Of those whom You gave me I have lost not one.
  • Peter denied Jesus three times and the rooster crowed just as Jesus said it would.
  • The Jews said to him, It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death. This was to fulfill the word that Jesus had spoken to show by what kind of death He was going to die.
  • You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world--to bear witness to the truth.
  • But the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom, so they said to one another, Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it to see whose it shall be. That was to fulfill the Scripture which says, They divided my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.
  • After this, Jesus knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill Scripture), I thirst.
  • For these things took place that the Scripture might be fulfilled. Not one of His bones will be broken. And again another Scripture says, They will look on Him whom they have pierced.
When I read these chapters that are so tragic yet so full of hope for all those who believe, I see how Jesus' life and words all revolved around Scripture. What an example for me! Is my life fulfilling the purpose and plan that God has for me? Are the very words of God radiating forth from my life and my mouth?

Father,
Teach me to make Your words my words. Make me aware of Your sovereign plan and purpose in every detail of my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment