Thursday, November 24, 2011

New Life

Gal. 2:19-21
For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

To live to God, I must be crucified with Christ so that Christ lives me. It is no longer my life but His life; It is no longer my desires but His desires. This life that He has given me must be lived by faith in Jesus alone through His grace and not dependent on my fleshly works. If I live for Christ in my flesh, I make Christ's death of no purpose. How important is the faith walk! Even though important, how difficult is it to understand! The gospel, Christ's death, is my life. I must come to the cross daily for the grace and faith that I need to live for Him. When He died for me and chose me to be His, I gave up my life for His life.
 
Father,
Continue to teach me this faith walk. Thank You for this great grace and new life. Teach me how to live for You in Your power.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment