Friday, November 25, 2011

Walk by the Spirit

5:16, 25-26
For I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh...If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.


Jesus freed me from the desires and demands of the flesh. Amazingly, I am called to freedom. But the caution is not to use my freedom as an opportunity for sin, sin which causes me to bite and devour my sisters and brothers in the Lord. The entire law fulfilled in and through Jesus means one thing: love. I must love my neighbor as myself and not be consumed with conceit or envy. This love is a vital part of walking in the Spirit.  The Spirit is also the leader and energizer in my walking by the Spirit. He is the One who makes it possible. He is the great gift sent from Jesus to allow me to walk by faith. What a life that I have been given!
 
How often do I walk in the Spirit? What is the problem? If this is what I have been promised and given, what prevents me? Is it my flesh? My desire to hold on to the world? Do I actually pray that God will make this a reality in my life, or am I trying to accomplish it in my own strength?
 
Father,
Teach me how to walk in the Spirit and how to love as You would have me love. Make this walk and life a reality in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment