Monday, November 7, 2011

An Unknown Day and Hour

Mt. 24:36
"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."

Mt. 24 tells of the same events as Mk. 13, but it goes on to explain what it means to Be on guard. The moral compass of the world will be the same as in the days of Noah, eating and drinking and totally unaware of what is to come, but the believers must be aware. Why? They must be on guard because the time of His coming is unknown to all but the Father. Jesus said it was similar to staying awake to guard against the attack of a thief. The householder knows the thief is coming, but not when. Similarly, we know Jesus is coming, but not when. Consequently, we must be eagerly watching and waiting because the time will be when we least expect it.

Jesus wants us to be faithful servants keeping charge of the master's house and giving food at the proper time. If I am this faithful servant, I will be blessed because I will be ready for His return. But if I am a wicked servant, beating the fellow servants and eating and drinking with drunkards, then I will be thrown into the place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. What is my heart? Am I waiting eagerly? Am I a good servant living obediently and longing for the day of His return?

Father,
I want His return. Give me Your grace so that my heart and life are ready.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment