Thursday, July 12, 2012

Boast in the Lord

I Cor. 1:28-31
God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.

God chose to operate in a way contrary to how the world operates for  a very specific reason. He does not want man to boast in His presence by trying to claim any credit for the great and glorious work that He had done in salvation and sanctification. God truly understands the heart of man. Boasting is in his nature. He constantly wants to best others even in insignificant things and then use those achievements as a means to boast, to take pride in what he has done. But God says no pride, no boasting in anything having to do with the human realm. If I boast, it must be in Jesus Christ who became to me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. Without Jesus I would be lost, undone, and doomed. Certainly, I must boast in Him!

Father,
Thank You for choosing me to be Your child. For giving me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification,  and redemption is in Jesus Christ. What a great and glorious gift!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment