Monday, July 23, 2012

Divine Order

I Cor. 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband and the head of Christ is God.

God has ordained an order that even His Son must obey: God, Christ, Man, Woman.  Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman, for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of man. All things are from God. In the same way that the Son is not inferior to the Father, so woman is not inferior to man. A divine order does not necessarily mean inferiority; it means difference, difference in gifts, functions, and ministries. The important thing is to embrace the differences and glorify God through them. The problem comes with the voice of our culture which claims a women's position is inferior. When women buy into this, they seek to overpower men and claim the predominance. In this position, they are out of God's order and are glorifying themselves not Him. So for me, I have to keep my eyes and heart focused on God and His Word and not be influenced by culture. I have to trust God that His order for me is for my good.

Father,
Teach me Your order so that my thinking and my heart are receptive to what you have  me to do. Thank You for giving me Christ the head of my body.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment