Thursday, July 26, 2012

Love

I Cor. 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind. Love does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

After reading these qualities, I seriously doubt that I would ever understand or be able to love like this. How impossible! Yet, the blessing comes in knowing that Jesus is the One who makes love possible. It is His love in me that can treat other people like this. As I think on these qualities, I see and get a glimpse of the real problem resident within me, that is selfishness. If I am taking care of myself, my needs, my wants, my desires, my pains, and my whatever, then I am not thinking about others, then I am not loving as Jesus would have me love. I am not responding to His love in me and to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He is directing and transforming my life.

Father,
I confess my loveless attitudes and actions. I ask that You convict me when I falter, lead me when I stumble, and empower me when I am weak.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment