Friday, December 21, 2012

Messiah

Is. 61:3
To grant to those who mourn in Zion--to give them a headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit that they may be called the oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
 
 
Messiah is coming with the full power of the Lord upon Him. He is anointed to do the following things: 
  • to bring good news to the poor
  • to bind up the broken hearted
  • to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound
  • to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God
  • to comfort all who mourn
  • to grant to those who mourn in Zion--to give them a headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit that they may be called the oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified
Even though this passage is principally to Israel, what the Messiah brought to them, He has also brought to the Gentiles. Beginning with the good news, the gospel, His glorious work of transformation changed my life. The gospel message brought salvation and a wealth of blessings from His unlimited grace. No longer am I living in the poverty of sin. He has healed my broken heart by saving me from the crushing, heavy burden of sin. He proclaimed liberty to the captives. Yes, I was captive under bondage to sin. He led me out of the sin's prison into a glorious freedom in Christ. Truly, I experienced the Lord's favor in His choosing and saving me. He has given me a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, gladness instead of mourning, praise instead of a faint spirit, all so that I could be called an oak of righteousness, the planting of the Lord. In myself, I have no righteousness, but in Christ, I have His righteousness imputed to me. Because of Christ my life has drastically changed. And why such a change and transformation? So that the Lord might be glorified. It is all of His grace! Nothing in myself I bring. I must humbly fall at the feet of Jesus accepting all He brings. I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, and praise Him for this great salvation and righteousness.
 
Father,
My heart is full of praise this morning. Thank You for such a glorious Savior who means everything to me. Now, teach me to live in the full truth of my salvation.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment