Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Son

Col. 1:19
For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross.
 
This morning in my Read-the-Bible-through-in-a-year- plan, I read Is. 53 and Col. 1. What a contrast! Yet both reveal Christ, the Son of God. I am amazed that He did all this for me, for my forgiveness and my salvation. How many religions have a god like this, a God who would willingly suffer, die, and take on Himself the sins of many so that many could be saved?
Col. 1
  • In Him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sin
  • Image of the Invisible God
  • Firstborn of all creation
  • By Him all things were created  through Him and for Him whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities
  • He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together
  • He is the head of the body, the church, that in everything He might be preeminent
  • In Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell
  • Through Him to reconcile to Himself all things wheter on earth or in heaven
  • Making peace by the blood of His Christ
Is. 53.
  • He had no form or majesty that we should look at Him and no beauty that we should desire Him
  • Despised and rejected by man, a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief
  • We esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted
  • He was wounded for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities
  • He was chastised so we might have peace
  • His stripes healed us
  • He was oppressed and afflicted yet opened not His mouth
  • By oppression and judgment He was taken away
  • His grave was with the wicked and the rich man
  • He had done no violence
  • He had no deceit in His mouth
  • It was the will of the Lord  to crush Him
  • His soul makes an offering for guilt
  • He poured out His soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors
  • He bore the sins of many and makes intercession for the transgressors
These two passages truly reveal how much love God had for fallen man and how much He willingly gave up to provide the only sacrifice that would reconcile man to God. What a great God I love and worship! My heart is convicted at how stingy I am in my love for God and how generous He was!
All of this great love, greatness, and power is in Christ and Christ is in me! How mind-blowing is that thought!
 
Father,
Teach me to live in the understanding of these great truths. My heart is so full. I can only say thank you over and over again. Help me to live so that I honor You and the Son.
In His name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment