Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Righteous Man

Ps. 1:6
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
 
God knows the difference between what is evil and what is good. Sadly, it is man who often confuses the issue by thinking if he has more good than evil or even any good, he is alright. However, in God's eyes there is no mixing. It is either good or evil. His way is pure. Am I purely good? On what do I base my goodness? Certainly not on my works, but on Jesus Christ who saved me, covered me in His blood, and imputes His righteousness to me. His righteousness is mine!
 
There is a blessing for the man who truly understands and lives the way of righteousness. He refuses to walk in the counsel of the wicked, to stand in the way of sinners, and to sit in the seat of scoffers. His entire life style whether walking, standing, or sitting must be characterized by delighting in the Lord. I wonder are there actions or thoughts that are neutral, or are they only good or bad? In what arenas might it be alright to be with the wicked? Perhaps only when I am sharing the gospel of Jesus. These people are not to be my counsellors or companions. Even sitting with them can drag me down.
 
The righteous man is like a fruitful tree planted by streams of water, water that keeps it vibrant and growing. In the same way the righteous man prospers in all that he does. Since his life is focused on God, his spiritual growth is the most important thing. He is not concerned about prospering in this world, but prospering in God's eyes. But if the tree moves away from the water source, it is disastrous. I must stay close to the water and let it feed me constantly.
 
The wicked are not so. They are chaff, useless dust, that the wind blows wherever it wills. They will not be able to stand in the judgment or in the congregation of the righteous. Since God knows those who are His, He will have no difficulty spotting those who are trying to blend in. The wicked will perish! There is no other outcome!
 
Father,
Thank You for saving me and giving me a righteousness found only in Jesus. Teach me where I should walk, sit, or stand. Help me to be bold in sharing You with those who are lost.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment