Monday, February 11, 2013

Bless and Praise

Ps. 34:1-3
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes it boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
 
What a glorious psalm! As I read it today, I remember memorizing it one summer. I don't have it on the front burner now, but as I go through it, it reminds me of a special time with the Lord. His Word has such a life-giving essence leading me and drawing me closer to Him. It is within His Word that I meet with Him and learn to call Him Abba. Here I learn to trust and praise.
 
No matter what happens in my life, I am to bless His name and to praise Him continually. He has promised that all things in my life are for my good. But  what God sees as my good is often a difficult deal. I know that He wants to grow me in holiness and mold me into the image of His Son, but that process is often one of  trials and suffering. It is in these times that I learn dependence on Him. This is what God desires of me: dependence and submission.
 
God has promised me that when I seek Him, He will answer and deliver me. The rub comes in the fact that my deliverance may not be in the way that I think it should be. But because He can see through all time, I must trust that He knows what is best for me. Those who look to Him are radiant and their faces shall never be ashamed. In this radiance, I can bless and praise Him continually!
 
Father,
Teach me to trust You and see Your hand in every detail of my life. Help me to praise You continually.
In His name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment