Saturday, February 23, 2013

Throne and Kingdom

Ps. 45:6
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness; You have loved righteousness and hated evil.
 
Ps 145 praises God for these very things: the throne and the kingdom. Here David extols and praises God for His great works, His faithfulness, and His kindness. God is great and greatly to be praised, and His greatness is unsearchable. Not only do God's people praise Him, but His works do as well. His saints will bless Him and tell of His power to make known to the children of men His mighty deeds and the glorious splendor of His kingdom. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and His dominion endures throughout all generations. How blessed am I that I am part of that kingdom as well. I have it to look forward to when Jesus calls me home. His kingdom and His dominion will never end. Like David, I will extol you, my God and King, and bless Your name for ever and ever.
 
Father,
Thank You for being the great God that You are and for reaching down to save sinners.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment