Monday, February 25, 2013

Morning till Evening

Acts 28:23
When they had appointed a day for him, they came to him at his lodging in greater numbers. From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.
 
Paul's heart was committed to one thing alone, that is spreading the gospel of Christ. Time was no issue with him. He would talk morning till evening approaching the subject from the Law of Moses and the Prophets. But did all who heard believe? No, some were convinced, but others disbelieved. These men were all local Jews who knew the Law of Moses and the Prophets. They all had the ability and the background to understand what he was saying, yet not all believed. Why?
 
Belief is itself  a gift of God. Certainly the message-giver is important but he can not determine the outcome. I am sure Paul was a gifted speaker since crowds always gathered as he taught. Even though all this is true, a person must be drawn by the Father. They must receive grace and faith as a gift. Paul knew that Isaiah said it right. Go to this people and say, You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull...God has ordained and chosen those that are to be His chosen ones, but Paul didn't know who that was nor do I. Not knowing did not stop Paul, and it shouldn't stop me. The commission is still the same, share the gospel wherever you are even to those I think would never respond.
 
Father,
Help me to share Your words wherever I go. Give me Your strength and boldness. Put within me the words you would have me say.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment