Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Light and the Truth

Ps. 43:3
Send out Your light and Your Truth; let them lead me;let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling!
 
 
As I read the psalmist's request, I am blessed to know that God has sent His light and truth to the world and to me in particular. Jesus said clearly, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. As the Light, he came to lead the way to life and to make a way for us to come into the presence of the Father. He dealt with our sin issue by paying sin's debt so that I could be reconciled to the Father. He also said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by Me. God did indeed send out His Truth and Light so that all who believe could be led to the Father, to the Holy hill, and to His dwelling. Once I am there, I can go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise You with the lyre, O God, My God. The psalmist and I share this same joy. How blessed it is to come into His presence and to worship wholeheartedly. How blessed to have a God who is my exceeding joy! How blessed am I that Jesus made all this possible! 
 
Father,
Praise You and Your love for man. Praise You for sending Your Son to bridge the great gulf between us. Thank You for letting me come into Your presence to praise and glorify You. Thank You for being my exceeding joy!
In His name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment