Saturday, February 9, 2013

Forgiven Sin

Ps. 32:1-2
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, who sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
 
David' writings are exactly what I experience! I am blessed because my sin is forgiven and covered by the blood of Jesus. His death on the cross paid the legal debt of my sin washing clean my charge sheet. The Lord counts no sin against me because He sees me covered in the blood of Jesus. His righteousness is my righteousness. It is only in Jesus' sacrifice and His grace that I have favor with God.  Beyond salvation what should I do? What should I do everyday? Like David, I must acknowledge my sin to God and not cover my iniquity. I must confess for He has promised to forgive. (I Jn. 1:9)
 
It is then that David proclaims his confidence in God. You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance...Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart! What a joy it is to realize that I am righteous because Jesus is righteous and has imputed His righteousness to me! It is all in Him! He has done it all for me.
 
Father,
Thank You for sending Jesus to save and sanctify me. I praise You for this great gift of forgiven sin, for being my hiding place and for imputing His righteousness to me. Such grace is hard to understand, but I accept it by faith and trust You to work in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment