Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ps. 33

Ps. 33:1
Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright.
 
 
This psalm tells of the great power and wisdom of the Lord, a power that makes Him worthy of praise. I can praise Him for His word. For the Word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice, the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord! What a blessing for those who love the Lord! I have in my possession His very word, the word that  teaches me about the character of God, His plans, and His working in His people. It is because of His steadfast love that  I am saved, that I grow in my faith, and that I have the blessed hope.
 
He is the Creator God. By the Word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. Nature is established and controlled by Him. Inhabitants stand in awe of Him, and the counsel of the nations is under His control. What a reassurance especially in times of war and uncertainty! In contrast to man's counsel, The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom He has chosen as His heritage.
 
The Lord looks down from heaven; He sees all the children of man; from where He sits enthroned He looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, He who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds. Do I need to worry about world events, about corrupt politicians, and about shifting world powers? No, God sees all. He even fashions the hearts of all. So ironic! These men who deny he existence of God are totally fashioned by the One they deny!
 
Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine. I need not fear corrupt government, encroaching governmental powers, and the lessening of religious freedoms. The eye of the Lord is on me. He knows all. What is my response when I see events that are unnerving? My soul must wait and trust in Him. I must remember His words, trust in His name, and rest in His steadfast love. He is my hope! 
 
Our soul waits for the Lord, He is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in Him because we trust in His holy name. Let Your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in You.
 
Father,
Give me strength to trust in You, to keep my hope in You, and not to be distressed when I see what is happening in America. I know You know all and You have even fashioned the hearts of these men. Thank You for Your Word and Your Son. Keep me covered in Your love.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment