Wednesday, February 6, 2013

On Eagle's wings

Ex. 19:4-5
You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians , and how I bore you on eagle's wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.
 
What a beautiful image! God carries us to Himself on eagle's wings, wings that are strong, swift, and powerful. Once we are His, we can hide in the shadow of His wings from the wicked who do me [us]violence. (Ps. 17:8) Like the verse in Exodus, in both Ps. 17 and 91, an enemy is involved. Whatever or whoever the enemy, God can deliver on eagle's wings. God will cover you with His pinions and under His wings you will find refuge, His faithfulness is a shield and buckler.[Ps 91:4] In this psalm God protects and hide from the terror of the night, the pestilence that stalks in darkness, and the destruction that wastes at noonday. With God I need never fear what men can do. God's strength and protection is infinitely more powerful than anything man claims or threatens.
 
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting
god, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. [Is. 40:28-31]
 
How glorious is it to have a God who does not faint or get weary! It is because of who He is that He can give us these blessings. His understanding and power are ever present and unwavering. Trusting in Him means power, might, and strength for those who trust. believe, and obey. His chosen ones will be  running without weariness and walking without fainting.  But for what purpose? In Ex. it was so that they could be a kingdom of priest and a holy nation. Similarly in I Pet. 2:9 it says. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Yes these eagle's wings are for me to lift, protect, and strengthen me so that I might be His own possession to proclaim His excellencies.
 
Father,
Thank You for these eagle's wings and for protecting and strengthening me. Help me to boldly and with no fear proclaim Your excellencies to whoever You bring in my path.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment