Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dwelling

Ps. 91: 1
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
How wonderful to be so close to the Almighty! But how important is dwelling! Jn. 15 says Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me...for apart from Me you can do nothing. Without Him I am powerless, weak, and susceptible to the snares of the devil. But in Him, I have a refuge,and a fortress.  He is my God in whom I trust. He will deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. I will be covered with His pinions and under His wings I will find refuge. I need not fear the terror by night, the arrow,  the pestilence, or the destruction that wastes at noonday. These images need not be merely images of actual war. They are very real terms describing life with its spiritual battles, its diseases, its adversities, and its persecutions. But because I dwell in Him, I have this treasure in jars of clay, to show the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. I am afflicted in every way, but not crushed, perplexed, but not driven to despair, persecuted but not forsaken, struck down but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. How blessed am I!
 
Father,
Thank You for reassuring my heart this morning, for drawing me safely in Your protection, and for flooding me with Your grace to that I might carry in my body His death and His life.
In Jesus name,
Amen


1 comment: