Friday, April 12, 2013

Ps. 84

Ps. 84:1-2
How lovely is our dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
 
 
How beautiful is Ps. 84! My heart rejoices that something so poetic can also be so uplifting and encouraging. Truly the dwelling place of God is lovely, and the fact that I can enter into that dwelling place, is utterly amazing. Without a doubt this life drains the life out of me, but God freely gives me sustenance. I don't have to faint for or from the worthlessness of the world, but I can come to the courts of the Lord to fill my fainting soul. I can come and sing for joy because He is my living God!
 
Blessings abound when God is in the life! Blessed are those who dwell in Your house, ever singing Your praise. Blessed are those whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. Dwelling, singing, and strength for the journey are mine. In my heart are the highways to Zion that Jesus my Savior has placed there. I will know how to go because He is my guide. And as I travel, I go from strength to strength. Instead of despairing of ever reaching the end, I am strengthened. His strength never runs out, and He is my constant source and constant companion.
 
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. What a comparison! One day in God's presence is better than a thousand elsewhere. How puny and worthless is what the world offers! A doorkeeper would be so much more desired than the tents of wickedness. Truly, God's strength and power far outweighs anything else. He is a sun and shield. He alone bestows favor and honor.
 
The psalm ends with  no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of Hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in You.  I can rest in His goodness being my goodness. What He deems best for me is what I want and desire. I seek to be in His courts because there my life is blessed and filled with His goodness. How glorious! Just as I journey from strength to strength so this psalm goes from blessing to blessing, from richness to richness, and from beauty to beauty.
 
Father,
Thank You for this beautiful gem! How it touches my heart! Lord, keep me ever on Your highway and constantly singing Your praise as I journey.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment