Monday, April 22, 2013

Ever Green and Full of Sap

Ps. 92:1-2
It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to Your name, O Lord, to declare Your steadfast love in the morning, and Your faithfulness at night.
 
It is good to praise God! He loved me so much that He sent His Son to earth to take on Himself the penalty for my sin. In this act of sacrificial love, He died and rose again conquering death and then rose again in newness of life thus allowing me to die to sin and rise in newness of life. His life for mine! This is steadfast love and faithfulness!
 
His works are great and His thoughts deep, so much so that I cannot comprehend them. But I take these things by faith. I trust Him with all of my life, the pain as well as the good days. Even in old age and disease He has a purpose for me, a glorious purpose. My health or my fleeting days are ever full of sap and green. I will continue to bear fruit for Him! This is my life! He is my all!
 
The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
They are planted in the house of the LORD; they flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Father,
Grow me into this life. Keep me green and full of sap, constantly bearing fruit. Thank You for Your great love and faithfulness.
In His name,
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment