Friday, April 19, 2013

Practical Love

I Cor. 13:8
Love never ends...
 
I haven't been writing for a bit because I have been in rough patch health-wise which landed me in the hospital. But God ministered to my heart today through my daily reading in I Cor. 13. What a glorious chapter! In the lives of so many of my fellow believers, I saw this chapter lived out on a practical level. How glorious to be part of a body that cares so much!
 
  • Love is patient and kind ;[honoring an other's needs before self.]
  • love does not envy or boast [content in any and every situation God puts in my life even staying in the hospital and worsening health issues.]
  •  It is not arrogant or rude, [does not expect special treatment even when sick; no allowances for being grouchy]
  • It does not insist on its own way [ it is not focused on personal needs only but seeks to meet other's needs even while other's are meeting your needs.]
  • It is not irritable or resentful [when the diagnosis comes down, I accept what God has given me as His good for me.]
  • It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. [I keep my eyes focused on Him and don't for a moment allow myself self-pity or despair. I rejoice in God's truth alone.]
  • Love bears all things, [suffering, pain, hardship, adversity]
  • believes all things,[focuses on the promises of God and clings to them] 
  • hopes all things, [Looks forward to the city who builder and maker is God. Wait expectantly for Christ's return.]
  • endures all things. [Until He changes my life, I endure through His grace and strength alone.]
Thank You God for the gift of this glorious love! ..But the greatest of these is love. .
 
Father,
Help me live in the reality of Your love. Thank You for all the loving hands you sent my way.  
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment