Friday, April 26, 2013

The Fragrance

II Cor. 2:15-16
For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.
 
Thanks be to God who gives me the victory! He leads me in a triumphal procession not on the merits of anything that I have done but all because of what Christ has done. In this procession of victory He spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere through me. This is my mission! I am to walk victoriously spreading the fragrance of Christ. I am the aroma of Christ to those being saved and to those who are perishing. I no longer smell of rebellious independence, competitive church works, or of cheapened grace, but I am to smell of the Son of God and His great amazing grace. It is this fragrance that is pleasing to God. It is this fragrance that brings life. Paul asked, Who is sufficient to these things? Who can possibly accomplish such a great task? His answer was that we are not peddlers of God's word using it to increase prosperity or personal power, but we are men of sincerity, commissioned by God to speak of Christ. This is not only true for Paul, but for me. I am to be sincere in all that I say, think, do, feel, and through this sincerity of heart I must speak the truth with the aroma of Christ wafting around me and drawing others to Himself.  
 
Father,
Draw me so close that I radiate the aroma of the sweet Savior. Teach me how to be His fragrance bearer so that He may draw to Himself those the Father has called.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment