Monday, September 8, 2014

Benediction

Heb. 13:20-21
Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen

What a powerful sentence! So much in it! My God is the God of peace not one of the gods of peace, but the one and only God of peace. What a need there is for peace in our world and within mankind. Life is replete with wars, insurrections, fighting, killing of civilians, key national players taking over other nations, and Israel fighting for its life. It is a plague that is ugly and spreading! The heart of man without God knows no peace. Something is always out of whack. But for the soul who claims the name of Jesus, there is peace, peace because my sovereign God has put all things in order. I need not fear what man can do to me. 

Resurrection is next, specifically in the life of Jesus. The resurrection power that brought Jesus back to life is the same power that brings any lost soul back to spiritual life. Jesus is the resurrection and the life! I am a new creation in Christ. This resurrection power has brought me peace because I am not at war with God anymore. It has given me a new status: adopted child of God and joint heir with Christ. This power is so great it has cancelled the bondage of sin in my life and has filled me with the indwelling Spirit of God.

Jesus is not just the resurrection He is the great Shepherd of the Sheep. Before His shepherding began I was a sheep running every which way, getting into noxious weeds, weighing myself down in the water as I drank, and having no protection from the wolves. But Jesus is the shepherd who searches even for the one lost lamb. Once I am part of His flock, I can never be lost. No one can pluck me out of His hand.

Jesus, His indwelling Holy Spirit, and this resurrection power are all part of the eternal covenant, a covenant that allows for the shed blood of Jesus. His blood covered my sin and paid its legal debt. of with His shed blood, blood that covered the legal debt of sin. God's love was so great that He bridged the gulf between Himself and man with the life of His Son. His shed blood was my ticket into this covenant.

Once saved, God equips me with everything good so that I may do His will. He has promised that every thing in my life is for my good, and that all He wants me to do, is through His grace, He equips me so that no man [me included]  may boast except in Jesus and His shed blood. 2 Cor. 9:8 says And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. It is His working in and through believers that is pleasing in His sight. 

Finally, to God belongs glory forever. Why? For all the reasons listed in this verse and for so many more. To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever...Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!...Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen. 

Father,
I praise You with all I am. I know You have given me the gift of life eternal. Thank You! It is amazing that You want nothing from me except my faith in You. You call me, You make me over, You give me grace to worship and save You. It is all You!
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment