Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Word

1 Pet. 1:25
but the word of the Lord remains forever. And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

Think of a God who loves you without you loving Him, who saves you when you were hopeless, who reconciled you to Himself spanning the gulf of good and evil, who cancelled your debt of sin with the sacrifice of His own Son, who gave You the indwelling Spirit and Son as constant guides, intercessors, and teachers, who gave You His living word as you own personal conversation with Him, who is faithful to every promise He has ever made or will make, who has adopted you into His family and made you a joint-heir with Jesus Christ, and so much. Can you think of such a God? Not a chance! The good news is that this is my God! All these blessings are mine! 

In this chapter, He tells me to prepare myself for action by being sober-minded, and to put my hope in nothing else but the return of Jesus. While I am waiting, I am to obey as any child of God should or would by leaving off with the old life so that I might be holy as He is holy. I must live in the reality that my ransom was bought with the precious blood of Jesus. Consequently He is precious to me. All of this, the ransom and the actions of God on my behalf have given me a purpose and a mission. As I obey His word, my love for others will grow until I can love others earnestly from a pure heart. Since I am born again with an imperishable seed through the living and abiding word of God, I am His child! How exciting is this! His word, the logos, is everlasting and indwells me!My life is because of and is centered on the Word of God.

Father,
My heart is full of thanks today. I have the eternal word of God in my heart, mind, soul, and hand. It is there for all that I need.Thank You Lord!
In Jesus precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment