Friday, September 19, 2014

God's Heart

Is. 65:24
Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

What a heart our God has! He knows every molecule of our bodies for Your eyes saw my unformed substance; In your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. God is our destiny! Christ is our identity!

At the end of chapter 65 is this wonderful verse and promise. However, it is in stark contrast to the beginning of this chapter where God says, I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me; I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, "Here I am, here I am," to a nation that was not called by my name. I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; How sad and revealing!  God's ready and waiting with His arms extended. Yet Israel wanted something else. The one true God did not give them the same pleasures as the foreign gods with their perversions and sacrifices.

What follows when someone rejects God? Judgment! Verses 11-12 say,  But you who forsake the LORD, who forget my holy mountain, who set a table for Fortune and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because, when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes and chose what I did not delight in." That is scary! But if you have run to His outstretched arms nothing but safety and love will be yours. The choice and the consequences are  clear!

Father,
As I read the first of this chapter my heart was grieved for Your heart. I want my life to be one of complete obedience to You. Give me the strength to live for You. Increase my faith.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment