Thursday, September 25, 2014

Prayer of a Righteous Man

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 

What a ministry we can have with one another! We can pray and intercede for others and be an instrument used by God. I wonder though do we really know how to pray like a righteous man. Do we take the condition of our souls seriously? Do we allow sin to remain in our lives because we am unaware or don't take it seriously? What is our sin awareness level? I think that is where the prayer should begin, that is praying for God to reveal to us our own hearts so that we may confess and repent. I know that we are covered in the blood of Jesus and that through His blood God sees us, but at the same time our personal, practical life must be in sync with the word. The confessing to and praying for one another would be humiliating, but perhaps a little bit of humiliation is better than a whole lot of sin! Do we want to be a righteous person with a powerful prayer life?

Father,
I do want to be a righteous pray-er, one whose prayers can be used to affect your will in the lives of others. Reveal to me the sin in my life. Grant me repentance.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment