Friday, September 26, 2014

Tested Genuiness

1 Pet. 1: 6-7
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 

I want to and need to bless the Father! Why? Because in His great mercy, He chose me and caused me to be born again to a living hope [the resurrected Christ]! I am in Christ so His resurrection power is in me. My status as a born again child of God gives me an eternal inheritance, imperishable, undefiled, and unfading kept in heaven for me. No power is great enough to take this away from me. What a future I have awaiting me! My salvation now s guarded by God's power and waits for the its completion when Jesus comes to claim those who are His. This is my blessed hope! But in the meantime there are various trials, trials that are a grief to endure. So instead of thinking these trials are for no reason, I need to remember they are my refining tool. They are the crucible that will purify me so that my faith might be found genuine, so that my faith might result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 

Father,
Thank You for the trials in my life. I know they are to draw me close to You, to make me more dependent on You. Help me to never lose sight of my hope in You, of one day going to meet Jesus.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment