Sunday, September 7, 2014

Confidence

Heb. 13:6
So we can confidently say, the Lord is my helper, I will not fear; What can man do to me. 

What a great God I serve! Just knowing that I need not fear any man! My confidence is not on shaky grounds. I don't have to worry about His being fickle. I can speak confidently about God. 
What a glorious blessing! In my world or culture nothing is so secure. There are hostile takeovers, bankruptcy, gang wars, immigration problems, and around the world, constant civil wars, massive inhumane treatment of people, imprisonment of Saeed for His faith, natural disasters that are almost constant and so much more. Most of the people in the world can not feel secure in what their life will be the very next day unless they know the saving power of Jesus. 

But in another part of my daily Bible reading this morning, I had read Is. 45. It was so in sync with what I read in Hebrews. In verses 5 and 6 it says, I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,  that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other. Later it says, in 12, 18-19,  I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host. ...  For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other.  I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in vain.' I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right. It is because of all this and so much more that my confidence is in the Lord. What can man do to me? Only what God allows, what is in His sovereign plan.  But you say what about horrible things? In verse 7 it says, I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. No matter what it is, He is in charge! He is the sovereign God. And whatever His purpose, if it is not realized for hundreds of years, I can rest in Him and His sovereign plan. He is the potter, I am the clay. I can not rise up and tell the potter that his plan is flawed. No, God is constantly in charge and His plan with without flaws.

Father,
Thank You for who You are, for You being sovereign in all matters of life and time. You are so gracious in reaching down to me. I ask that You shape my heart and my desires so that I am a pot that is pleasing to You. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment