Thursday, September 11, 2014

Meekness

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 

After we have put away the yuck in our lives, and not just the visible yuck [the more socially acceptable yuck], but the ones that linger and ruminate in the deep recesses of our souls, then we are to receive. Sadly, I think we are happier to receive than to put away. However, the receiving of the implanted word is qualified not because of the wickedness in our hearts because Christ has already paid the price for our sin. But at salvation, the word [Christ the logos, the living word] is implanted in our hearts when the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within and when His dwelling makes us His temple, Wow! We have so much in Christ! After this great plethora of blessings from God Himself, then we are to receive the implanted word with meekness. As we look horizontally we see sin that needs to be put away, but as we look heavenward to the things that are above, we must be meek [acceptance with strength]. We should always be meek, teachable and obedient, when it comes to God, to His Word, to the Holy Spirit, and to Jesus Christ. Even after a casual examination of all that God has done for us, is meekness to much to ask? I think not! Practically, it means that when the Word teaches me something that is not a reality in my life, then at the moment I should confess ask for repentance, and put away that sin. This is receiving with meekness!

Father,
How great You are! Thank You for choosing me and giving me Your Son and Your Spirit to live within me. Give me the strength to put away and to be meek in obedience.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment