Sunday, September 25, 2011

Courage

Ezra 7:27-28
" Blessed be the LORD, the God of our fathers, who put such a thing as this into the heart of the king, to beautify the house of the LORD that is in Jerusalem,  and who extended to me his steadfast love before the king and his counselors, and before all the king's mighty officers. I took courage, for the hand of the LORD my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me."

Ezra took courage because the hand of the Lord was upon him. Even though the task was daunting, he  moved ahead without fear because he operated on what he knew to be true about God, that is God's steadfast love extended to Ezra. God did this in full view of the important people in Ezra's life, the people who had temporal power over his life. But God was bigger than the king, his counsellors, and his mighty officers because He is King over all. His supernatural power put such a thing into the heart of the king. Even though the king allowed the journey and the project, Ezra knew that God was responsible for this journey. He knew that God was always and would always be sovereign. Because his life and his future was based on what he knew to be true about God, he could bless God! The same sovereign God orchestrates the details of my life by extending His steadfast love to me in salvation and sanctification. I bless His name!

Father,
Thank You for being sovereign and for showing me Your power in the lives of the people in control of this world's system. I can rest in You and Your steadfast love for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment