Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Faithfulness and Righteousness

Zech. 8:7-8
"Thus says the LORD of hosts: behold, I will save my people from the east country and from the west country, and I will bring them to dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in faithfulness and in righteousness."

In that day, God will restore Israel. There will be no war, but instead a sowing of peace.The vine will be fruitful, and the ground will give produce. Dew will come from the heavens. God will cause the remnant of this people to possess all things. As they were a byword to the nations before, now they will be a blessing. The picture for Israel has drastically changed because the God of salvation has come to save them. He will restore what He took apart. But the best thing of all is that He will be their God in faithfulness and righteousness.
In faithfulness because:
  • The Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are Justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is He. (Deut. 32:4)
  • He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and buckler.(Ps. 91:4)
  • The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is His faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23)
In righteousness because:
  • And He judges the world with righteousness; He judges the peoples with uprightness. (Ps. 9:8)
  • Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before You. (Ps. 89:14)
  • And this is the name by which He will be called: The Lord is our righteousness. (Jer. 23:6b)
Thankfully, He is a God of faithfulness and righteousness for me!

Father,
Thank You for the great God that You are, for reaching down to me, for drawing me for Your salvation, for keeping me, and for promising to finish what You have begun. I know I can count on Your words because You are faithful and righteous in all that You do and say. Bless You, Lord.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment