Monday, September 12, 2011

The Lord is There

Ezk. 48:35
"The circumference of the city shall be 18,000 cubits. And the name of the city from that time on shall be, The LORD Is There."
 
What an exciting conclusion to the book! All is as it should be because the Lord dwells in its midst. Life-giving water flows from the temple bringing sustenance and plenty. The land is divided, and the tribes are positioned. The judgment is over, and the land is restored. It sounds so simple, but for Israel it was not!
 
One group of people is mentioned specifically, the sons of Zadok. They kept God's charge and did not go astray when the rest of the people did. What a great reputation! How great to be known for obeying God, for following His ways, and for standing alone for God. Something to think about! If all of those around me were going a different way, would I be strong and stand alone? Would I follow God at all costs?
 
Father,
Help me to stand alone for You. Keep me strong in my dependence and obedience.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment