Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Human Sheep of His Pasture

Ezk. 34:30-31
"And they shall know that I am the LORD their God with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Lord GOD. And you are my sheep, human sheep of my pasture, and I am your God, declares the Lord GOD."

When the judgment is over, the Lord Himself will gather His scattered sheep. What a contrast Ezekiel develops between the selfish shepherds and the true shepherd! The false shepherds feed themselves instead of their sheep, eating the fat and clothing themselves with the wool. They do not strengthen the weak, heal the sick, bind up the injured, bring back the strays, or seek the lost, but instead they rule them with force and harshness. Because of this, the sheep were scattered over the face of the whole earth. God speaks out to these shepherds. He declares that He is against them and will require His sheep at their hand. Not only that but He Himself will gather His sheep.

By contrast when God is the shepherd, He will seek and rescue the sheep out of foreign places and bring them into their own land. He will feed them with good pasture and make them lie down. He will bring back the strays, bind up their injuries, strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong He will destroy. Justice will be on that day! And the best part of all, "I will be their God... I am the Lord; I have spoken."This same God is my Shepherd. He sought me and found me. He feeds me and sustains me. He is my God.

Father,
Thank You for being my shepherd, for seeking me when I was lost, for feeding me when I was hungry, and for healing me when I was sick. Thank You for being my God and letting me be Your human sheep.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment