Friday, September 30, 2011

Unclear Distinction

Mal. 1:11
"For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the nations, says the LORD of hosts."

All of nature verifies that God's name will be great among the nations and the offerings that He receives will be pure. Why? For, I am a great king, says the Lord of hosts, and my name will be feared among the nations. God's greatness is indisputable. Who can endure this great day of the Lord? Certainly, not man, for He will come like a refiner's fire and like fuller's soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in  righteousness to the Lord. Nothing is indistinct in the mind of God, but why is it for man?  

The problem came in the priesthood. Not only were the priests offering polluted sacrifices, that is keeping the young and strong for themselves while offering the weak and blemished to God, they were robbing God in their tithes and contributions. Obviously, there was no fear of God in their hearts even though they worked and ministered in the very house of God and dealt with the sacrifices and offerings. How sobering! How very close a person can be and still miss the mark! Not only that but they had spoken out against God claiming their was no profit in serving God. They saw the evildoers prosper and joined their ranks. How blurred were the lines of righteousness now? How marred was their spiritual vision? How easy was it for them to focus on this life and the prosperity of this world's system and lose sight of the treasures in heaven?   Peter makes it clear that I am in a kingdom of priests as well. Have I blurred the clear lines and boundaries of God? Has my vision become clouded by worldliness? Do I fear God?

Thankfully, there was another side to the conversation. It was the words of those who feared the Lord. Their words were precious to God because He paid attention and heard them. How glorious! In fact, He made a book of remembrance for all those who feared and esteemed His name. He promised to make them His treasured possession and spare their lives.When the life is rightly related to God with the vision in focus and the heart fearing God, then the distinction will be clear. Once more you shall see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him. Powerful! Is this distinction seen clearly in my life? Is my focus united to Him? Am I fearing Him?

Lord,
Keep me ever seeing clearly Your righteousness and Your hand on my life. Make me words be words that You treasure and keep in Your book of remembrance. Let me life be a living witness of this distinction between the righteous and the wicked.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment