Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Too Busy for Me

Haggai 1:7-9
"Thus says the LORD of hosts: Consider your ways. Go up to the hills and bring wood and build the house, that I may take pleasure in it and that I may be glorified, says the LORD. You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the LORD of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house. "

God explains their predicament precisely. Instead of building His house, they are preoccupied with their own houses. Instead of focusing on obedience to the Lord, their feet are firmly planted in the world. Even though their focus is on the world, its system, and its prosperity, it has all come to naught because God in His sovereign will has blown away their prosperity. He wants their attention so that they might see that the error of their busyness. Misdirected activity has resulted in a drought upon all that the ground brings forth and on all their labors. What must they do? Build the house of God so that He might be glorified! What a lesson for me! How many times does preoccupation with my life, my house, my circumstances trump God? Bringing glory to God needs to be my primary focus 24/7.
 
Father,
Keep my eyes wide open to the encroachments of the world. Teach me to glorify You every moment of my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment