Sunday, September 11, 2011

Royal Priesthood

Ezk. 44:28
"This shall be their inheritance: I am their inheritance: and you shall give them no possession in Israel; I am their possession.

The Levite priests had no inheritance in the land because God was their inheritance. Their entire life, function, and ministry was for God. An inheritance would have been something distracting for them, something for them to focus on apart from God.. In fact their lives were very prescribed in their clothing, their hair, their relationships, and in their judgments. God's priests were totally His to be used to teach His people the difference between the holy and the common, the clean and the unclean. To do this they had to be holy and clean themselves. 

I Pet. 2:9 says that I am part of "A chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." Similar to the Levites, my ministry and life is totally God's. Every area of my life should reflect His holiness as I proclaim His excellencies. He has "caused me to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you..."   He is my inheritance!

Father,
Help me to live like Your royal priest. Teach me to live and teach the difference in the holy and the common, the clean and the unclean. Sharpen my spiritual acuity so that I might choose You over what the world offers.
In Jesus name,
Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment