Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not by Might or Power

Zech. 4:6-7
"Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain. And he shall bring forward the top stone amid shouts of 'Grace, grace to it!'"
The rebuilding of the temple, though accomplished by human hands, was not accomplished by human power. God told them that it was not by might or power but by His Spirit. It was all of Grace! It didn't matter if the builders were few in number or the surroundings were hostile, what God had declared would come to pass would come to pass without a hitch. What a great example of grace! The rebuilding of the temple was a great task calling the workers from exile to gather materials and then build in hostile conditions, yet, this is what God had declared. "And those who are far off shall come and help to build the temple of the Lord, and you shall know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. And this shall come to pass, if you will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God." The primary task for the workers was obedience, obedience to the word of God.
 
My Christian walk is not accomplished by my might or power but by His Spirit. It is all of grace! My responsibility is obedience and surrender to His will and His way. I must trust Him that His words are true and will come to pass. My humanity must be empowered by the Spirit of God to do His will His way.
 
Father,
Thank You for this grace walk. Continue to teach me how to walk in obedience and surrender without any of my might or power involved.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment