Friday, September 9, 2011

The Most Holy Place

Ezk.41:4
"And he meansured the length of the room, twenty cubits, and its breadth, twenty cubits, across the nave. And he said to me, "This is the Most Holy Place."

I can only imagine how Ezkeliel felt at seeing the vision of the temple. After 39 chapters of judgment, the vision of the Temple must have been thrilling. It would reaffirm that God would be with His people, their temple worship would be restored. Yes, God Himself would dwell here in the midst of His people. I also see how specific the vision was, steps, measurements, directions. God's dwelling place must be a certain way.

I think that I should be correspondingly excited when I read the words of I Cor. 6:19, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,  for you were brought with a price. So glorifiy God in your body." God dwells within me! My body has become a 'Most Holy Place.' So what should my response be? Overwhelmingly, I should praise and glorify the God who gave me such a gift. I should live in awe of this greatness resident within me. It should be the guiding prinicple and supreme happiness of my life. I should also be so humbled that a God so great would fill me with His presence. What amazing Grace!



No comments:

Post a Comment