Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Judgment?

Ezk. 38:23; 39:7, 29

"So I will show my greatness and my holiness and make myself known in the eyes of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD."

"And my holy name I will make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let my holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel... And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD."

Though harsh, God's judgment has a definite purpose. For Israel, it was to show His greatness and holiness as well as His Lordship. Israel had been far removed from God because of their idolatry and disobedience. The result: they had been scattered among the nations. But when God's time is right, He will then turn His face toward them pouring out His Spirit upon them bringing them back into relationship with Him.

But what about judgment for the other nations? Does God have a purpose in judging them? Yes, all the nations must and will know that He is Lord. In fact, they will all bow down before Him. God is King and will reign as king. All people will bow down either because of an internal, personal relationship with God or external judgment shaping their behavior. God's will cannot be thwarted! What He declares will come to pass.

Father,
Your words are true. I believe in You and what You will say. Give me the urgency and passion to share Your love with those who do not know You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment