Friday, December 2, 2011

Temptation

I Cor. 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

What a great promise! If this is true, and it is, why do I struggle so with temptation? When I am frustrated,   angry, or about to lose it, why don't I see the way of escape? What is the problem? I think James answers these questions. I am tempted when I am drawn away and enticed by my own lust, my lust to be right, to hurt someone who has hurt me, or to defend myself. In all of these instances I am not looking for the way of escape, but instead I am looking for gratification of my flesh. I am not living in the power of His grace and the truth of His promise, I am living in my flesh and seeking to satisfy my flesh. 

Father,
Change my vision so that I can see Your way of escape. Make Your promise a reality in my life. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment