Saturday, September 8, 2012

No Trouble

Jn. 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.
 
 
Trouble is something that Jesus can eliminate because He offers hope unlimited, and hope for the future is essential for sustaining life, for enduring to the end. How does He do this? By belief, believing in God, believing in Him, and believing in His words. But how do I or how does anyone believe? It must be through faith since belief precedes concrete evidence. And amazingly, faith is given as a gift of His grace. Man can not drum it up or manufacture it. Just like hope is divine so are faith and grace. Hebrews says, Let us hold fast the confession of our hope, for He who promised is faithful. Now here is what I must do, hold fast, hang on, and endure all the while looking to Jesus. Soon, when the time is right, Christ will call me home, home to His Father's house where He has prepared a place for me. What hope! What a reason to keep my eyes on Jesus! In this same passage Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. All hope, belief, and faith are through Jesus. He is the one and only way to the Father and to my heavenly home, just like He was the one and only sacrifice that covered sin. He is the One, the only One!
 
Father,
Give me Your grace and strength to hold fast on the hope that You have given me. Thank You for Jesus who is with me every step on this journey. I am trouble-free for my eternal dwelling, but I admit I need help to get through every day. Some days seem chock full of trouble. Help me...
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment