Thursday, September 27, 2012

Praise to God

Ps. 96:
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods.
 
Praising God is a wondrous thing! What should be included in this praise? Is it only for His provision on a day-to-day basis? No, this psalm structures a heart of praise.
  • Sing to the Lord a new song--My heart must be filled with music to Him
  • Bless His name--Even His name is worthy of praise
  • Tell of His salvation daily--Salvation makes me who I am. I should praise Him for that every day.
  • Declare His glory among the nations--Be a witness to all that He has done.
  • Declare His marvelous works among all people-Tell what He is doing physically in my life
  • He alone is not a worthless idol--Make sure that I have not made anything in my life a worthless idol
  • Splendor and majesty precede Him--Have I see this?
  • Strength and beauty are in His presence--Have I felt His strength and loved His beauty?
  • Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength--taking none for myself. All I have is from Him.
  • Bring an offering and come into His courts-gather together in His house
  • Worship the Lord in holiness--I am to be holy as He is, obediently surrendered
  • Tremble before Him- realize His great mercy and judgment
  • Tell the nations that He reigns-make sure He reigns in my life
  • Judges with equity-Let the world know what is coming
  • All nature shares in this praise-See His glory and power in nature
  • The Lord will come again to judge the earth-Long for the blessed hope
  • He will judge the earth in righteousness-He is righteous and can only judge in righteousness
  • He will judge the people in faithfulness-He is faithful and His words and works are faithful
 
Father,
I praise You for You are worthy of all praise. Thank You for being holy, righteous, and faithful for I can trust You to be the same always. Teach me to bless You and Your name and give me a new song to sing, a song of praise to You. Reveal to me any foolish idols that try and creep up in my heart. Open my mouth to boldly and freely tell all of You, Your salvation, Your grace, Your power, and Your coming.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment