Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Praise and Blessing

Ps. 89:14-15
 
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before You. Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of Your face who exult in Your name all the day and in Your righteousness are exalted.
 
It is because of God's righteousness and justice that He sent His Son to the earth to become a man, live in human form, and die a human death. In doing this Jesus satisfied the righteousness requirement of the law reconciling unworthy man with God, but it is also because of God's love and faithfulness that He sent Jesus to earth to save, redeem, and sanctify man. What a glorious combination, His righteousness and justice paired with His love and faithfulness! God is as faithful to save and sanctify as He is faithful to His word, every promise. He is faithful to bless and even discipline His children in His mighty and steadfast love.
 
Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of Your face who exult in Your name all the day and in Your righteousness are exalted. As the people of God, a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a people for His own possession, I can worship Him freely and passionately. What is the festal shout? I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing and make melody to the Lord. The blessing comes in having the freedom and the privilege to worship God in song, in shouting, and in truth.
 
His people walk in the light of His face. What does the light do? It reveals all making my will, spirit, soul, emotions, attitudes, and actions transparent. In worship as in my faith walk, there is no pretense, self-righteousness, or empty tradition. It is all joyous shouting to the God who has saved me so gloriously. Even the very name of God is powerful, worthy of praise. It must flow from my lips as easily as saying the name of my best friend. In fact, He should be my best friend! He is everything, and His righteousness is my life. I am no longer my own, but belong to Him completely, every thought, breath, and action. He is the glory of my strength and my shield. What a mighty God!
 
Father,
Give me Your strength to be faithful and to walk in the light of Your face. Make my communion with You ongoing and uninterrupted as I praise Your name and Your righteousness, justice, love and faithfulness. Even though it is hard to believe that You would chose me to be Your child and walk in Your light, I thank You. My heart is full of grace and gratitude.
Amen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment