Friday, September 14, 2012

Blessed are Those

Ps. 84: 10
For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
 
How beautiful is Ps. 84! It is almost musical! When the flow of the words and the meaning of the words unite in one expression of praise, the heart is lifted up to God!
  • How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Hosts! --Because He dwells in me, He has made me lovely by His great gift of grace. Because He dwells in me, I can walk, live, and even breathe in newness of life!
  • My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of he Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God. The psalmist can't live without a constant connection with God. He is in a state of longing nearly fainting when he is away. Oh that I had that same complete connection! Oh that my time with God would obliterate the significance of all else! Such closeness! I do sing for joy and pray that my longing and fainting will grow daily!
  • Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in Your house, ever singing Your praise! Such rest, peace, and trust come from knowing that God is sovereign. Nothing in my life comes without God's express will and purpose. When I am not worrying or trying to determine the outcome of my life, then I can rest and enjoy the blessing of dwelling in His house, singing His praise.
  • Blessed are those whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways of Zion. As they go through the valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength, each one appears before God in Zion. --What a blessing to have my strength be His strength! In His purpose and plan, He has given me a new road map, one that goes straight to Zion, to His presence. Along my journey, He gives me water and renews my strength so that I am never afraid that I won't make it or that I will become too weary. His journey for me ends in His presence! What a glorious hope!
  • O Lord God of Hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob! Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed! --Certainly God hears and answers the prayer of the righteous, those who are washed in the blood of Jesus. I am covered in His shield of faith and the breastplate of righteousness. When He looks on my face and sees my needs, He gives me what equips me for His service and for my journey.
  • For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.--Even if it were only for a day, being in His presence is abundantly more precious and superior to anything that this world has to offer. Being a king on earth could never be compared to being a doorkeeper in the house of God! Anything that this world would always be in contrast to the riches of His house.
  • For the Lord God is a sun and a shield; for the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good things does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in You! --Who on earth is a sun and a shield? Who on earth bestows such favor and honor? Who on earth gives only good things? No one, and that is why I am blessed to trust in my God!
How glorious! I can only imagine where the psalmist's heart was to write words such as these! He was definitely in the high places feasting in the presence of God!
 
Father,
Keep me faithful to the map you have placed in my heart. Keep me walking strong and upright on my journey to Zion. Grow my longing each day. Thank You for such great blessings that You have given me in choosing me to be Your child. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment