Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blessed

Ps. 32:1-2
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
 
What a blessing indeed! My sins are forgiven. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sin. This is the gospel message through and through. But David goes on from these verses to complete the process.  I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah Sin must be confessed and repentance must follow. As David said, I say too. God is my hiding place. He preserves me from my trouble and surrounds me with shouts of deliverance. Because of this, that is my sins forgiven and I am covered not only by the blood of Jesus. but also by His righteousness, I am truly blessed. When God looks at me, He sees His Son, His blood and His righteousness. David ends the psalm with,  Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart! The gospel brings cause for rejoicing. It makes it possible for me to be reconciled with the Father and to be one of His children, and if children, then heirs-- heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ...What a blessing indeed!
 
Father,
My heart is full of gratitude for these great blessings! Thank You! Although I know that my gratitude and my thanks are puny compared to Your great gifts, I still offer to You all my thanks. 
In the name of Jesus who made it all possible,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment