Thursday, February 20, 2014

Praise

Ps. 47:1-2
Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!
 
Ps. 47 is such a wonderful psalm of praise! Within its clear statements of praise are reasons why He should be praised. Since they were written to Israel, they are not exactly what I would say, but they do provide a framework that I can use to praise Him.
  •  First the Lord has subdued peoples and nations under Israel. For us He has conquered Satan and sin. We are no longer in bondage, but are freed to be children and joint heirs with Christ.
  • Secondly, He has chosen our heritage for us. For Israel that was to be His chosen people. For believers He has chosen us to be a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession. that we may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light. He has transferred us from the domain of darkness to the kingdom of His beloved Son.
  • Third, God is the king of all the earth. He has the final word on all existence, on land, and on man.
  • Next God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne. He reigns now and will always. One day every knee will bow and acknowledge Jesus as King and Lord.
  • Finally the shields of the earth belong to God! He is highly exalted!
Father,
My heart is full of praise! You are my king and You have chosen me. You have transferred me to the kingdom of Your beloved Son! I don't understand why, but I am so very grateful! I praise You!
In the name of the beloved Son,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment